From time to time the terms and conditions of the WoW Add-On Service Addendum are modified or amended retroactive to the date your Personal Training Addendum commenced. Below are the current, effective terms and conditions of Personal Training.
PERSONAL TRAINING ADDENDUM PRIVILEGES AND POLICIES
NOTICE TO CUSTOMER: You are entitled to a copy of this contract at the time you sign it. You may cancel this contract at any time before midnight of the third operating day after receiving a copy of this contract. If you choose to cancel this contract you must either: (1) Send a signed and dated written notice of cancellation by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested to: WoW Work Out World, Attn: Cancellation, 1800 Route 34, Building 4, Suite 402, Wall, NJ 07719; or (2) Personally deliver a signed and dated written notice of cancellation to the WoW location listed on the front of this Agreement. If you cancel this contract within the three-day period, you are entitled to a full refund of your money. If the third operating day falls on a Sunday or a holiday, notice is timely given if it is mailed or delivered as specified in this notice on the next operating day. Refunds must be made within 30 days of receipt of the cancellation notice to the health club. “Operating day” means any calendar day on which patrons may inspect and use the health club’s facilities and services during a period of at least eight hours, except holidays and Sundays.
- The terms and conditions of your original Membership Agreement are incorporated herein.
- This Personal Training Addendum is contingent upon you maintaining access to the WoW location listed on the front of this Addendum, either by keeping your WoW gym membership active or by paying a guest fee to access the WoW facility and utilize the services provided herein.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, You may cancel after expiration of your remaining addendum term upon 15 days notice in advance of your next billing date by: (1) sending a signed and dated written notice of cancellation by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested to WoW Work Out World, Attn: Cancellation, 1800 Route 34, Building 4, Suite 402, Wall, NJ 07719; or (2) complete and submit a digital cancellation request at workoutworld.com or at a designated member support computer kiosk at the WoW location listed on this agreement. In the event You do not cancel, Your personal training addendum will renew month-to-month until canceled. All monthly personal training sessions expire 60 days from the date they are added to your membership account.
- This contract is subject to cancellation at any time by written notice sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested to: WoW Work Out World, Attn: Cancellation, 1800 Route 34, Building 4, Suite 402, Wall, NJ 07719; or personally delivered, to the WoW location listed on the front of this Agreement, upon the Member’s death or permanent disability, if the permanent disability is fully described and confirmed to the health club by a physician. In a cancellation based on death or permanent disability, WoW shall retain the portion of the total contract price representing the services used plus reimbursement for expenses incurred in an amount not to exceed 10% of the total contract price.
- This contract is subject to cancellation at any time by written notice sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested to: WoW Work Out World, Attn: Cancellation, 1800 Route 34, Building 4, Suite 402, Wall, NJ 07719; or personally delivered, to the WoW location listed on the front of this Agreement, upon the Member’s change of permanent residence to a location more than 25 miles from the health club or an affiliated health club offering the same or similar services and facilities at no additional expense to the Member. In a cancellation based on change of permanent residence to a location more than 25 miles from the club or an affiliated health club, WoW shall require proof of the new permanent residence and shall retain a prorated share of the total contract price based upon the date the notice was received plus reimbursement for expenses incurred in an amount not to exceed 10% of the total contract price.
- If the club facility is closed for a period longer than 30 days through no fault of the Member, the Member is entitled to either extend the contract for a period equal to that during which the facility is closed or to receive a prorated refund of the amount paid by the Member under the contract. If the health club facility is not in existence on the date this contract is executed, you may cancel the contract if the facility is not open for business on the Billing Start Date and you may receive a full refund of any deposit or payment on this contract.
- WoW maintains a bond or other security with the director of the Division of Consumer Affairs to protect buyers of these contracts who are damaged or suffer any loss by reason of breach of contract or bankruptcy by WoW. In the event that You suffer any loss by reason of breach of contract or bankruptcy by WoW, please contact: Department of Law and Public Safety, Division of Consumer Affairs, Office of Consumer, Regulated Business Section, P.O. Box 45028, Newark, New Jersey 07101, (973) 504-6370.
- This contract does not obligate the Member for more than three years from the date the contract is signed by the Member. You are not obligated to renew this contract after the initial membership term, and You may cancel as set forth herein. - Member’s failure to make use of services shall not relieve the Member of the financial obligations under this Addendum.
- If the Member is less than 18 years old, then the Agreement shall be signed by his/her adult parent or guardian as Purchaser, who shall be liable for payment of all financial and other obligations under this contract.
- At any time during the continuance of this Addendum, WoW shall have the right to sell, assign, transfer, and set over this Addendum with all its right, title, and interest therein, to any person, firm, or corporation, or other business entity, without Your consent, and the assignee thereof shall acquire all the rights granted to WoW and shall be subject to any obligations that WoW may have under this Addendum. You shall not assign this Addendum in whole or in part without the written consent of WoW. WoW’s facilities, equipment, policies, agreement terms, and services may be added, changed, subject to additional costs, rescheduled or discontinued in whole or in part from time to time, at the sole discretion of WoW, with or without notice.
- It is the policy of WoW that personal training and coaching may only be performed by employees of WoW and not by guests and/or members. WoW guests and WoW members may only spot for and encourage other WoW guests and WoW members while they are on WoW premises for the sole purpose of personal exercise. WoW guests and WoW members may not enter into any agreements, with or without compensation, to provide coaching and/or personal training on the premises of WoW. A violation of this policy shall result in the termination of membership.
- You must obey all posted rules, regulations and policies regarding Personal Training (PT). PT Session Usage: You may only use your PT Sessions at the WoW location you purchased them at. Checking In For Your PT Session: Prior to beginning each and every one of your PT Sessions, you are required to “check in”. Using Your PT Sessions: All PT sessions are ½ hour unless otherwise stated. WoW does not permit the splitting or sharing of PT Sessions between members. PT Session Rescheduling Policy: You may reschedule a PT session so long as you provide 24 hours notice to your Trainer or the Training Manager of your WoW location. If you do not provide 24 hours notice, then you forfeit that session and will be charged accordingly. Personal Trainer Substitution: In the instance that you are unhappy with the Personal Trainer you are working with, or in the event that your Personal Trainer is no longer available, WoW will provide you with a new Personal Trainer. WoW cannot guarantee that you will have the same Personal Trainer for the entire length of this Addendum. Expiration Date / Refund Policy: All PIF PT sessions expire in 180 days from date of purchase. All Monthly PT sessions expire in 60 days from the date successfully billed to your account. All Monthly PT plans include access to unlimited XLab Studio Training Classes for the period of time this Addendum is kept active and in good standing. All PT sessions are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Freezing Your Membership / PT Addendum: By placing your membership on Freeze, you are also automatically placing your PT Addendum on Freeze. The Term of this Addendum is extended by the number of days your membership and Addendum are on Freeze. The expiration date of all sessions in your account, at time of Freeze, is extended by the number of days your membership and Addendum are on Freeze. Personal Coaching And / Or Training By WoW Guest Or WoW Member: It is the policy of WoW that personal training and coaching may only be performed by employees of WoW and not by guests and/or members. WoW guests and WoW members may only spot for and encourage other WoW guests and WoW members while they are on WoW premises for the sole purpose of personal exercise. WoW guests and WoW members may not enter into any agreements, with or without compensation, to provide coaching and/or personal training on the premises of WoW. A violation of this policy shall result in the termination of membership.
- By signing this agreement, You hereby expressly consent to receive collections and other communications from or on behalf of WoW via, for example, and not limited to, telephone, mobile phone, text messaging, email, mail or any other medium as it may become available. You further expressly consent to receive autodialed and pre-recorded telemarketing calls from or on behalf of WoW at the telephone number provided in this contract, and any that You may subsequently provide, including Your mobile phone number, if applicable. You understand that consent is not a condition of purchase. This provision shall survive the termination of this contract.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY. YOU HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR RIGHTS THAT YOU MAY OTHERWISE HAVE TO SUE THE WOW PARTIES FOR ANY INJURY, INCLUDING ANY INJURY ARISING FROM THE ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE OF WOW, ANY LOSS OF PROPERTY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT A WAIVER AND RELEASE PROVIDED BY A SINGLE WOW LOCATION SHALL HAVE EQUAL FORCE AND EFFECT AS A WAIVER, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE OF ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR INJURY, LOSS OF PROPERTY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE YOU SUSTAIN AT WOW, OR ANY OTHER WOW LOCATION IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. You have read and fully understand this Waiver and Release of Liability. You understand that You have given up substantial rights by signing it, understand that this release cannot be modified orally, and You are fully aware of this Waiver and Release of Liability’s legal consequences as a full release of liability for Injury, loss of property and/or property damage. You acknowledge and agree to be bound by this Waiver and Release of Liability freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance, or guarantee being made to You by WoW and/or any person or entity on its behalf. You intend that Your signature operate as a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by the law of the State of New Jersey.
- BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. DISPUTE. As used in this contract, “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, demand, action, proceeding, or other controversy between You and WoW concerning this contract, whether based in contract, warranty, tort (including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, concealment, omission, negligence, conversion, trespass, strict liability, and product liability), statute (including, without limitation, consumer protection and unfair competition statutes), regulation, ordinance, or any other legal or equitable basis or theory. “Dispute” will be given the broadest possible meaning allowable under law. INFORMAL NEGOTIATION OF DISPUTES. You and WoW agree to attempt in good faith to resolve any Dispute before commencing arbitration. Unless You and WoW otherwise agree in writing, the time for informal negotiation will be 60 days from the date on which You or WoW mails a notice of the Dispute (“Notice of Dispute”) as specified below. You and WoW agree that neither will commence arbitration before the end of the time for informal negotiation. NOTICE OF DISPUTE. If You give a Notice of Dispute to WoW, You must send by certified mail to WoW Work Out World, Attn: Notice of Dispute, 1800 Route 34, Building 4, Suite 402, Wall, NJ 07719 (a) Your name, address, and contact information, (b) the facts giving rise to the Dispute, and (c) the relief You seek. BINDING ARBITRATION. You and WoW agree that in the event the any Dispute is not resolved by informal negotiation as set forth above, any effort to resolve the Dispute will be conducted exclusively by binding arbitration. You understand and acknowledge that by agreeing to binding arbitration, You are giving up the right to litigate (or participate in as a party or class member) all Disputes in court before a judge or jury. Instead, You understand and agree that all Disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator, whose award (decision) will be binding and final, except for a limited right of appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. Any court with jurisdiction over the parties may enforce the arbitrator’s award. CLASS ACTION WAIVER. You and WoW agree that any proceedings to resolve or litigate any dispute, whether in arbitration, in court, or otherwise, will be conducted solely on an individual basis, and that neither You nor WoW will seek to have any dispute heard as a class action, a representative action, a collective action, a private attorney-general action, or in any proceeding in which You or WoW acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity. You and WoW further agree that no arbitration or proceeding will be joined, consolidated, or combined with another arbitration or proceeding without the prior written consent of You, WoW, and all parties to any such arbitration or proceeding. The above provisions shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. The Superior Court of the State of New Jersey shall have jurisdiction over any dispute which arises under this contract, and You submit and hereby consent to such court’s exercise of jurisdiction. In any successful action by the facility to enforce this contract, the Club shall be entitled to recover its reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses incurred in such action.